My father and Gallbladder Cancer

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

My father and Gallbladder Cancer

Postby margia » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello everybody, glad to have found RCO. I first want to wish everyone strength to accompany you, and health to await for you at the end of your journey.
My father is 82 years old and until his diagnosis his symptoms were indigestion and gradual weight loss. He was a very active man for his age, working in the fields, taking care of everything on his own, literally unstoppable when it came to work. He got a surgery for what the doctors thought an iflammed gallbladder due to gallstones, which came out to be gallbladder cancer after the histological examination. He has lost a lot of weight, now it is around 20 kgs and he is feeling very weak. He completed his first round of chemotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin. He has a great problem with constipation which I assume is from the Chemo, and I am interested to know how this can be helped and if any of you suffer from the same issue, would you please tell me how you got around it? He is currently having enemas, and Duphalac (lactulose), but it seems as his body has gotten used to it and it just doesn't work any more.
His psychological state is also quite strained, he is becoming more and more unwilling to go through another round of chemo, and we are examining the choices.
Thank you so much to everyone who has read this post, feel free to ask any questions you might have and add any comments you wish. :)
margia

Cancer Diagnosis: gallbladder adenocarcinoma
Relationship To Patient: Daughter

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **