anyone with info on Sex Cord Stromal Testicular cancer?

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

anyone with info on Sex Cord Stromal Testicular cancer?

Postby notsolucky » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 am

Hi all, I'm brand new to this site as my boyfriend was diagnosed in the beginning of June with Undifferentiated Sex Cord Stromal Testicular Cancer, he had an orchiectomy a week after the visit to the doctor, but they found that the cancer had metastasized to this lungs. It is extremely aggressive, and within a week, when they went in to try to cut them out, they were inoperable.

It has taken almost all of his right lung. He's on an experimental treatment of Votrient (pazopanib) to see if it will slow down the growth of the tumors. The oncologist has told us repeatedly that there's no information out there, no doctors who know enough, no specialty because it's so rare, so I thought I'd see if anyone on these forums knows anything? I've combed through research papers and medical journals online, and it does seem the information is scarce. We've all accepted that there isn't much hope for recovery, and that if the Votrient doesn't work in the next few weeks, he'll be put on an extremely aggressive Cisplatin or other Platinum chemotherapy which probably won't work. But I just can't give up hope that there's not more information out there, some other doctor or research that can help. Any information or support would be greatly appreciated.
notsolucky

Cancer Diagnosis: Sex Cord Stromal Metastisized to Lung
Relationship To Patient: Domestic Partner

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others