Post if You Haven't Already

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

Post if You Haven't Already

Postby SILLY » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:28 am

I would like to see members post at least once so we could respond . If we do not know anything about your situation we cannot share with you ,helping or learning from you. I check often to see new members in my forum group but many say nothing.To me this is a little sad.
SILLY

Re: Post if You Haven't Already

Postby sharon » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 am

I totally agree Silly, but it is impossible for 'us' to force them to do it. The sad thing is that non-posting accounts have to be removed. And, those people never have their questions answered because they are either afraid to ask them or afraid to ask for help in getting them. I am not sure why that happens.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby SILLY » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 pm

It means that the site cannot achieve its purpose .This site would be so much better if all posted at least once.
SILLY

Postby sharon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Of course it has not reached it's potential. ACOR was supposed to be taking it over and I was hoping that by using their server, reminder emails could get sent out and hit their target. But, the person who is supposed to move the website over to ACOR has not done anything, although I keep remind him.
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby anner0524 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I completely agree...I log in every day to see if anything new has been posted, and most of the time nothing is...I had started my own thread titled "Adenocarcinoma of the Jejunum Stage IV"
and have been updating with the wonderful progress my mother has been making :)
anner0524

Cancer Diagnosis: Jejunal Adenocarcinoma
Relationship To Patient: Daughter

Postby sharon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm

anner, I thank you for posting her info. That helps others when they register. If everyone did that, people would be able to help each other.

:thanks:
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby cyndeer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi all,
I joined this a few weeks ago as my youngest sister has been diagnosed with appendicial cancer, she is in Hawaii and her husband is a marine so all the care she receives is at Tripler Army Hospital. The tumor has pushed up on her colon and small intestine making a very small hole for digestion. Most of her meals are liquid right now and they are hoping the chemo will bring the tumor down so she can eat otherwise a colon bag will be placed in. We are all in shock and hoping for the best with this cancer. Anyone that has been through this and has any help to offer we would appreciate your knowledge.
Thank you
Cyndee
cyndeer

Cancer Diagnosis: peritoneal
Relationship To Patient: Sister

Postby sharon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:15 am

Cyndee, You may want to look at these more current posting in the Perioneal Cancer forums:
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1904&start=25

There are two new members with this cancer there.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby SILLY » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 am

sharon wrote:Of course it has not reached it's potential. ACOR was supposed to be taking it over and I was hoping that by using their server, reminder emails could get sent out and hit their target. But, the person who is supposed to move the website over to ACOR has not done anything, although I keep remind him.

That is a great pity.
SILLY

Postby SILLY » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:55 pm

cyndeer wrote:Hi all,
I joined this a few weeks ago ......Anyone that has been through this and has any help to offer we would appreciate your knowledge.
Thank you
Cyndee

I check in at least a few times a week ,Cyndee, and find the same. I check out my forum group but many have never posted .
SILLY

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others