Owner Administrator of Website and Forums Retiring

Owner Administrator of Website and Forums Retiring

Postby sharon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 pm

** IMPORTANT - NEED YOUR HELP ! **

I am retiring, after 15 years of daily work authoring, financing, and maintaining this website and support network. In a quest to keep a 'home' open for all of you, I am searching for a trustworthy organization to take over ownership of the website and forums. If you know of cancer organizations willing to do this, please let me know.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Re: Owner Administrator of Website and Forums Retiring

Postby SILLY » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 am

Sharon, Ionly joined this site last year but wish to thank you for all your work. I can't even begin to imagine how much work you have put into this site. It must have been one of the first ,if not the first of its kind. I only regret that so many join and do not post .Over your time here you must have helped so many .
SILLY

Postby brooksjg » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks, Sharon, for all your effort to date.
And especially for making sure that the site will continue.
Best Regards

John
brooksjg
Dedicated Supporter
Dedicated Supporter

Cancer Diagnosis: adenocarcinoma appendix

Postby mp327 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Sharon--

Although I didn't join RCA until after my treatment was completed, it has been a lifeline for me. I have come to appreciate the hard work and dedication you have put into this site and I want to thank you so very much. Having a place to privately commnicate with others going through the same ordeal is priceless. I can not imagine not knowing some of the wonderful people I've met here. Thank you for searching out an organization to take over the reins. It's comforting to know that RCA members can continue to be in touch with each other through this forum.

I hope this will allow you to shift your focus more towards your own well-being. I know you've had many health-related struggles and now is the time to put yourself at the top of your priority list! I wish you all the best.

Many thanks--
Martha
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
mp327
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Cancer Diagnosis: Stage 1 squamous cell carcinoma of anal canal

Postby Jendoll » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Sharon,

Thank you for your service to the rare cancer community. When I was dx in 2007 your site was the 1st were I was able to connect with other with the same type of cancer as mine and I no longer felt so alone. Again, thank you and God bless. :smooch:
With love and hope,

Jen
Jendoll
Caring Member
Caring Member

Cancer Diagnosis: Synovial Sarcoma

Postby debjo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:41 am

Sharon,

Thank you seems inadequate for all you have done for all of us. This site and you personally have been a blessing to me. May God bless and keep you.

Debbie
debjo
Caring Member
Caring Member

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast

Postby finch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Sharon,

Thanks SO much for putting your heart into something that has and will continue to make a difference in so many lives. You're a hero to many, and of the 1000s of cancer-related web sites out there, yours (and the wonderful people residing there) has absolutely been the most helpful to me as I struggled through some tough times. Thanks for caring enough to create this resource for all of us!

Susan
Susan
finch
Caring Member
Caring Member

Cancer Diagnosis: Anal Cancer

Postby pattycakes » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am

may retirement help you release from your mind all the stressful deadlines you face daily. Your hard work and dedication will be missed and not forgotten. may you get the much needed rest you deserve.I wish you a long and happy retirement may you travel or just go to the park and fluff off a day like you did when you were 6. best wishes....Patrick
pattycakes

Cancer Diagnosis: cholangiocarcinoma

Postby hochiwich » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 am

Hi Sharon

Another grateful woman saying thanks for all you've done for the needs of others. When I was diagnosed last year it was a scary lonely time and finding this site was a great help to me. I do wish you all the best for the future and, again, grateful thanks for making sure it carries on. I'm hoping my tumour won't return but who knows?

:hug:

hochiwich
hochiwich
Caring Member
Caring Member

Cancer Diagnosis: Phyllodes tumour benign

Postby Lukeledge » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:19 am

Thank you and all the best.

Luke :luck:
Lukeledge

Cancer Diagnosis: Appendix -signet ring cell carcinoma
Relationship To Patient: Husband

Postby 2nddaughter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Sharon, you can add me to the list of MOST GRATEFUL for all your hard work in keeping this website available to us. Finding others with similar dx and reading their stories AND realizing that this is THE place for best and current information are both equally priceless. The site must continue. Have you had any leads in someone or organization taking over the administration? I would like to help in some way - either helping you research possibilities or possibly more hands on, depending on the time required. Please advise, and again, many thanks!

Lynne
2nddaughter

Cancer Diagnosis: Borderline Phylloides Tumor

Postby Southpaw2 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Sharon,

Thank you so much for all you have done to keep us all connected and informed. When treating for my PT this forum helped me sooooo much.

Thanks again.

Sandy :hug:
Southpaw2

Cancer Diagnosis: Phyllodes Tumor

Postby Helen Marshall » Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am

Dear Sharon,

I, like Martha, did not encounter this site until I had long since finished my treatment, but I have learned much and I hope helped others. There are many hundreds of us who will be deprived of a lifeline as you retire - especially but not only if you do not find a means to keep the site going. Each forum might find a home in a website run by a society dedicated to research on that cancer...not the same, but perhaps a way forward!

A big hug from way out west.
Helen Marshall
Dedicated Supporter
Dedicated Supporter

Cancer Diagnosis: Squamous cell anal carcinoma

Postby Retired » Mon May 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Hello Sharon

I was recently diagnosed and went looking for a group where I could get information and ask questions of others who are going through the same thing. I found this site and I am forever thankful for your hardworking in setting this site up and managing and maintaining it for our use. It has been so helpful in finding information, talking to others going through their own journeys and it has been so helpful. So thank you so much for everything you have done. We certainly hope you will be able to find someone who can help keep the site open, it serves a huge purpose and would be terrible if it is not available for everyone to continue to keep in touch, ask questions, provide support and help to each other. Good luck in this endeavour and thank you again for all your hard work.

Retired
Retired
Caring Member
Caring Member

Cancer Diagnosis: Phylodes Tumour - Low Grade

Return to RCA Newsletters & Announcements