ampullary carcinoma

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

ampullary carcinoma

Postby Punkymay » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:18 am

:confused: Hello! I am new to this site and hoping to make contact with anyone who has had or was just diagnosed with ampullary carcinoma.

I was diagnosed 9/2003 and had the whipple proceedure 10/2003. I feel pretty good now but have a few quirky things going on and would like to compair notes.

Also, if anyone has just been diagnosed, I would like to hear about your fears. I know that it is a bit frightening when there are so few people with the same diagnosis to contact.

punkymay
Punkymay

Re: ampullary carcinoma

Postby sharon » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:06 pm

Punkymay wrote::confused: hoping to make contact with anyone who has had or was just diagnosed with ampullary carcinoma.

Punky. It took quite a while, but I found someone for you. I am signing her up right now and will put her in the same private groups with you. I also have a person who is asking Whipple procedure questions on the private forum. Could you give that person some support?
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Others who've had a whipple

Postby padbuckel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:51 pm

Punkymay,

I've just recovered from the whipple and would be happy to compare notes.
padbuckel

Postby hendo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:27 am

:smile: I've had the same diagnosis and the same operation, but both of these were one year later than yours.
At the moment I'm feeling fine, but some lymph nodes showed up in a recent CT scan, and I'm going to have to contemplate chemotherapy.
hendo

Postby sharon » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:58 am

Darlene (Padbuckel) has shared her Whipple Procedure Story on our website:
Whipple Procedure
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

iampullary cancer

Postby luisa » Wed May 03, 2006 5:14 am

i just found out i have a relapse & do not knw what to do. i had stage 3 ampullary/duodenum cancer 2 years ago;had the whipple & chemo-radiation. anyone out there with any inf.,please respond. thank you
luisa

Luisa/ampullary carcinoma

Postby rickU » Fri May 26, 2006 10:44 pm

I was diagnosed in March 04 with ampullary carcinoma. A Whipple was attemted but not completed because of lymph node involvement. Without going into too much detail about my surgery, my chemo, and radiation at this time, I can happily tell you that I am currently in remission.
I would be happy to share more of my cancer medical history or offer any limited assistance regarding the treatments and nutrition that was helpful to me.
rickU

Postby sharon » Sun May 28, 2006 7:03 am

I'd love to hear about it. Information like this is always needed by other cancer patients.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Postby K & B » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Hello,
We are brand new to this forum. My husband had Whipple surgery on 12/9/08, so we are into recovery from the procedure. He had an ampullary carcinoma of the vater. He had a slightly modified Whipple with the pyloric not being removed. Cancer cells were found in the lymph nodes closest to the tumor. Both were removed and no additional cells were found. We will have a consult with an oncologist in the not too distant future. My husband appears to be recovering well, but he is discouraged about his lack of appetite, food limitations and fatique
. Any thoughts on this cancer, Whipple recovery and anything else would be appreciated.
K & B
K & B

Cancer Diagnosis: Carcinoma of the Amupulla of Vater
Relationship To Patient: Wife

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others