Islet Cell tumors of pancreas

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

Islet Cell tumors of pancreas

Postby tatm » Sat May 03, 2008 11:24 am

Looking for others with diagnosis of islet cell of pancreas. Willing to talk?
tatm

Postby timbj » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 am

Hi tatm

I have a non-functioning neuroendocrine tumor of the pancreas. I had surgery at Leeds St James's Hospital (UK) in 2005 to remove the main tumour. I had a liver resection in 2006 to deal with a single metastasis. Now I am waiting for confirmation that I have a further 3 metastases on the liver having just had a series of scans done.

You are not alone! If you scan the various "introductions" from other members, you will find quite a few others with this type of NET.

timbj
timbj

Re: Islet Cell tumors of pancreas

Postby Dawnag » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:37 pm

I also have an islet cell carcinoma of the pancreas. I was diagnosed almost 6 years ago. There is a post somewhere on this site that tells my story. I hope I can give hope to someone that has been scared by this diagnosis. I am doing well, and moving on with my life. I finally figured out I did not have to wait to die, because that might not be for a long time. I completed one round of chemo and radiation, had a blood clot in my lungs after surgery ( where they were unable to remove anything), had fluid around my heart (with cancer cells in it), and here I still am. I believe that prayers and humor got me through it. Please let me know if I can help any body by telling them anything. We have to take the power away from the word (cancer).
Dawna
Dawnag

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others