Cooper (Mary)

Stories and memorials for those who have passed away from Rare Cancers.

Cooper (Mary)

Postby bb33301 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi All:

Many of you know and have grown to love Cooper who has been such a comfort and help to all of us over the last few years.

I am writing to ask for your prayers for Cooper. She is going thru a very difficult time right now.

Beth
bb33301
Dedicated Supporter
Dedicated Supporter

Cancer Diagnosis: Stage IV Squamos cell anal cancer
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby el em » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi All,
I had waited for this, Beth. You broached the subject; I was uncertain whether it was appropriate. Thank you.

Indeed, as Beth said, Cooper is nearing the end of her journey on this side. She has home hospice care and is comfortable. She has a special bed and is well medicated, so she is not in pain. She is also surrounded by an amazing loving husband and extended family and friends.

All of you who've come to know her through the past two years realize what a gem of a human being she is. Now more than ever, she needs your prayers and kind thoughts. I think her husband would also appreciate the support. Cooper is an extraordinary person; she cared so much about people who came to this sight, seeking help and guidance. She was most concerned with paying forward the kindnesses shown to her. She succeeded amply in this area.
el em
Dedicated Supporter
Dedicated Supporter

Cancer Diagnosis: squamous cell anal cancer 3a
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby noble1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Beth and Lynn,
Thanks so much for sharing. While it saddens me greatly to hear this news about Mary, it's comforting to know that she is not experiencing any pain and that she is surrounded by her family and loved ones.

Mary is such a remarkable woman and was the first to respond and welcome me to this site. She fought hard and long on her journey and at the same time maintained her optimism and managed to uplift us along the way.

I hold her and her family near and dear in my thoughts and prayers. If you are in touch with her husband and family, please please pass this on to them.
--jacki
noble1

Return to In Memorium - ** Publicly Viewable **