Signet Ring Cell

Please read before posting. Enter questions, problems, and suggestions.

Signet Ring Cell

Postby Cupcakes » Sat May 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for taking the time to read... My Sister has recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer (of the caecum and lower sigmoid) We have now also been told it started in the appendix. We know this cell type is very rare and seemingly aggressive. I am struggling to find much information on the Internet and/or encouraging news. I would also like to make contact with anyone who has the same or knows anything about signet cell!? This site is a great help and support and I am lucky to have found you guys!

My Sister has now had all the relevant procedures and scans thus far (blood work, colonoscopy with biopsies taken, CT Scan and MRI) She will see her colorectal surgeon next week and is also scheduled for surgery next week too.

Any information, advice or indeed anything to share, would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

We live in England - United Kingdom.
Cupcakes

Cancer Diagnosis: Signet Cell Bowel/Appendix
Relationship To Patient: Sister

Re: Signet Ring Cell

Postby cbviau » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 am

Do you have an update on your sister's condition? My sister-cousin was just diagnosed last week with signet-ring adenocarcinoma of the rectum. Her prognosis is bleak. Did your sister need surgery along with radiation and chemo?

Sending hugs for health.
CB
cbviau

Cancer Diagnosis: Anal Cancer
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Posting How To's/Question/Suggestions - Public