Financial Help for Cancer Patients

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

Financial Help for Cancer Patients

Postby sharon » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:57 am

You may want to look at these pages on the Rare Cancer Alliance website for info on getting help financially, while going through your cancer journey:

Financial Aid for Cancer Patients

Financial Assistance with Treatment Related Travel Expenses - Air & Ground Transportation

Health Insurance - Not Insured or Under-Insured?

Drug Cost Assistance - Help Paying For Your Medicines
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby Carolyn » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:03 pm

Thank you Sharon for all of the helpful information. It's a wonderful list of resources.

Just an incidental note; it really pays to review your insurance, hospital and physician billing statements. I found approximately $10,000 worth of mistakes in the form of duplicate charges, inappropriately denied charges and charges for items or tests that I didn't use/have done. I spent a lot of time looking over and comparing paperwork and on the phone with various offices. In the end I saved myself thousands of dollars so I felt I was well paid for my time. I also purchased an inexpensive fax machine which has paid for itself many times over. Many insurance companies have an annual out-of-pocket limit, so it also pays to keep track of your running total. It helps if you have a friend who is a nurse or unit secretary if you need assistance deciphering some of the information on your statements.

Carolyn
Carolyn

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others