Any Australians ?

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

Any Australians ?

Postby SILLY » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 am

I am wondering if there are any Australians with ACC who have not already said that they are from Australia.
SILLY

Re: Any Australians ?

Postby Sunlehman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Silly - I'm an Aussie just diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma of the parotid. I'm in Brisbane QLD!
Sunlehman

Cancer Diagnosis: Acinic Cell Carcinoma
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby SILLY » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:10 am

I just googled your type of cancer .There are similarities between Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma and your cancer. Both are salivary gland cancers,both rare but ACC a little rarer and both are a type of adenocarcinoma. Statistically acinic cell cancer has a better prognosis. ACC does not yet have chemo that has been found to work but there are people in the USA and perhaps other places undergoing experimental chemo treatment.That is usually on lung metasteses and with limited success so far.
How are you and how was treatment for you?
SILLY

Postby gingy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:07 am

Hi Silly,

I'm an Aussie diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, I live in the NT.

Gingy
gingy

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma

Postby SILLY » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello. There are not many Australians I know of with this cancer ,about 10 . I am happy to be your friend ,if you so wish . I only just saw your posts and replied to another one also. I am in Queensland .
SILLY

Postby SILLY » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:06 am

I wondered if you knew about the Forgotten Cancers Project . You could take part inthe reaearch into less common cancers if you would like . It can be found on the net I think . It's being done by the Cancer Council of Victoria . If you cannot find it you can ring the Cancer Council in your state .
SILLY

Postby SILLY » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm glad your treatment seems to be going well . I am a couple of years past treatment . I was diagnosed in early February 2010 and had my surgery in the April . IMRT followed in June and July and there has been no sign of cancer since. My last MRI was in June this year ,my wish . Both my ENT and rad/onc. did not think it was needed .I also had a chest xray in January this year,unbeknown to both those doctors ,just to check . I had it arranged through my gp .

I hope you continue to do ok .
SILLY

Postby Desycares » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:27 am

Hey Gingy

I was told by Silly that you were on here and that I should try to make contact with you. I was diagnosed with ACC back in October 2009 and live in Sydney. So far I have been able to find about 14 of us in Australia (lots of ours sweep the net and bugging other ACC patients to post things for me). It's not alot but when I started it took me 6mths just to find one person, so I am pretty happy with finding all I have now.

I was told you live up in NT. My brother just moved from there to Papua New Guinea. My sister inlaw has stayed behind because her youngest is finishing year 12 up there.

Anyway, I have probably bothered you enough for one evening. Don't want to scare you off talking to me this early LOL.

I would really love to be able to make contact with you if you interested in chatting!

Kindest Regards

Desy (Desiree Fraser)
Desycares

Cancer Diagnosis: Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma

Postby SILLY » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:13 am

It's feels good to make contact with other Australians as there are not so many of us .
SILLY

Postby SILLY » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:44 am

Sunlehman wrote:Hi Silly - I'm an Aussie just diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma of the parotid. I'm in Brisbane QLD!

How are you going?
SILLY

Postby SILLY » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm

SILLY wrote:
Sunlehman wrote:Hi Silly - I'm an Aussie just diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma of the parotid. I'm in Brisbane QLD!

How are you going?

I am going ok ,thanks . How are you ?
SILLY

Postby Lucy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi, bumping this thread... I've just been diagnosed and would love any doctor recommendations for Australia.

Lucy
Lucy

Cancer Diagnosis: Acinic cell carcinoma

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others