Seroma after Lumpectomy

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

Seroma after Lumpectomy

Postby phullon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi, All
Just wanted to know if anyone else has seroma(serous fluid) in the cavity where your tumor was removed. Diagnosed with High Grade Phyllodes per pathology report in March 2010. Orginally diagnosed with Fibroadenoma in 2007. Tumor removed and 1cm borders. Borders where clean. No additional surgery to date. However, went through (6) weeks of RAD tx April-June 2010. Now feeling small lumps in the area around the seroma. RAD doctor states could be scar tissue around clips inserted into cavity for RAD tx by surgeon. Anyone else having seroma or had clips develop into scar tissue that feels like lumps? Next appt with RAD doctor end of July. Thanks Wishing everyone good mental, physical and spiritual health.

Phullon
phullon

Cancer Diagnosis: High Grade Phyllodes Tumor
Relationship To Patient: Self

Re: Seroma after Lumpectomy

Postby sharon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:04 am

I had a very large hematoma after my multiple breast surgeries. It is blood filled, not fluid filled. From what I have learned about Phyllodes, from you ladies, it probably was very similar to the touch. I was there for over a year after the last surgery and rad treatment. Slowly went away, though.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast

Re: Seroma after Lumpectomy

Postby phullon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi, Sharon
Thanks for your response, but a seroma (fluid filled) is different from a hematoma (blood filled). When I looked up seroma on the internet it stated several people with phyllodes Tumors experience getting seroma after having a lumpectomy. My physicain stated it could last from months to a year. The body has to re-absorb the fluid.

Phullon
phullon

Cancer Diagnosis: High Grade Phyllodes Tumor

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others