minor salivary gland cancer?

Looking for others with your cancer? Want to help others? Enter info here.

minor salivary gland cancer?

Postby vickis daughter » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi. I am new here and having a very hard time finding someone with the same cancer as my mom. She had a lump inside her mouth by her lip. The biopsy came back positive. It said that she had a mucoepidermoid carcinoma of intermediate grade. We have an appt at Sloan Kettering next week. I am trying to educate myself but it hasn't been easy. I am really scared and want to prepare myself so I can be strong for her. If anyone has any information, please let me know. I would truly appreciate any help. Thank you. Denise
vickis daughter

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Vicki, If you have not read anything, this might be a good place to start:
http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/fac ... /index.htm

Eventhough MC is different than AdCC head and neck, you may want to join that group because AdCC is commonly a parotid or salivary gland cancer. People on that group will be having many of the same treatments.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Postby vickis daughter » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks sharon. I will definately look at the information. Denise
vickis daughter

ACC Misdiagnosis?

Postby sandie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 am

Hi Denise

How is your mum doing? Last year on 26.5.07 I had surgery (a partial parotidectomy) in England and post op was diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of my right parotid gland. I also had a 6 week course of radiotherapy. In April this year I lost the use of my right facial nerve as there was still some residual disease constricting the blood flow to my facial nerve. On 25.6.08 I had more surgery to remove my facial nerve and tissue in my neck and a tumour the size of 20x15mm which the pathology showed to be the same cancer as your Mum has, intermediate Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma. The pathologists are now checking both histology slides from this and last years to see which type of cancer I do have. I will keep you posted as it is difficult to find others with this type of cancer. Have you found anyone else with MC in your investigations?
sandie

Return to Seeking Others - Helping Others