Welcome & Purpose Statement

All new users MUST read these first.

Welcome & Purpose Statement

Postby sharon » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:28 pm

I want to welcome you to the Rare Cancer Forums, hosted by the Rare Cancer Alliance. As a survivor myself, I know that this is not something that you ever expected to happen in your life. You may even feel like hiding your head in the sand, like an ostrich. Or, you may be trying to hold yourself together long enough to do what you need to do, even though you feel terribly alone.

Whatever effect your rare cancer diagnosis has had on your life, I want you to know that you are not alone. The members of the Rare Cancer forums are here to help you.

I hope that you use these forums to 'talk' to others with similar diagnoses. It would be beneficial for all members of your forum if you can participate by posting your questions/suggestions/concerns. That may open the door to further communications, and sometimes a lasting friendship.

The Rare Cancer Alliance's primary purpose in creating and maintaining these forums and this website is to give you quick access to important support and information, prior to making treatment decisions. The newly diagnosed can seek out others with their rare cancer type for support.

All forum members are grateful to those forum members who have completed their treatments and are now willing to help others by sharing their treatment information and personal experiences. The members of the Rare Cancer forums know that you must make decisions quickly and early in your diagnosis. Hopefully, these forums will help you do that 'armed' with information.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Welcome, Read Me First - Public