Forum Moderator(s) Needed

All new users MUST read these first.

Forum Moderator(s) Needed

Postby sharon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 pm

It is hard to be here 24/7/365. Ask me, I know. :lol: I am searching for Forum Moderator(s). Please contact me if you are interested in volunteering to take care of one or more of the following:

1. Helping newcomers to feel welcome and comfortable about posting is a priority for any forum of this nature. I need a person who would be willing to say Hi to newcomers to help them feel welcome and try to steer them to areas of the website or forum that might help them find info or share their own experiences. This person would also let me, or the Techie Moderator, know what may be lacking.

2. Many newcomers do not post because they simply do not know how to do that. I would like to find someone who is very comfortable with the forum mechanics and can easily negotiate their way around it. To do this, you may have a personal 'learning curve'; but I would be willing to have a few sessions on Instant Messenger to help you. This knowledge would allow you to show newcomers how to use the forums and all of it's features.

3. Someone with technical experience (ie: previous forum development, computer programming or development, or REALLY comfortable with the mechanics of the forum) could fill the position of Techie Moderator. This person would take care of some of the items that I need to do, such as moving and organizing topics so that Newcomers can find things more quickly.

Help with any portion of these responsibilities would be greatly appreciated by everyone. If you think you might be interested, reply here with any questions you might have. You can also PM me (PM link to the right) if you prefer to discuss this in 'privacy'.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Welcome, Read Me First - Public