Ricky Spencer - "Rickyspen"

Stories and memorials for those who have passed away from Rare Cancers.

Ricky Spencer - "Rickyspen"

Postby rubin12309 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:48 pm

"Ricky passed away peacefully September 12, 2010, at the hospice center, with her sister at her bedside. As sad as we are for this profound loss, we're happy that, just as she wished, Ricky left this world more quickly than had been anticipated after her symptoms reached a critical point.

While it's hard for us to think of all she went through, especially after the operation in February, we take comfort that the operation allowed her to see her eldest son graduate, turn his life around, and get closer to her. She also lived to see her younger son successfully complete his first year at a college that we feared might be too much of a challenge for him given his high school study habits. He grew in his sensitivity as well.

The family’s successful battle against the insurance company got a lot of exposure in the Baltimore area and beyond and, from what I understand, brought some hope to others in similar situations. Ricky's illness also led to new friendships and brought some old friends closer together. Given all those whose lives she's touched, her spirit will live on earth just as, at least I believe, it will in the world of the transcendent."

(excerpted from a CaringBridge Journal entry, written by her husband.)

I am one whose life she touched - a new friend through cancer. We'd hoped to meet, and perhaps travel to France together someday.
rubin12309

Return to In Memorium - ** Publicly Viewable **