A New Little Angel In Heaven

Stories and memorials for those who have passed away from Rare Cancers.

A New Little Angel In Heaven

Postby Regena » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:39 am

Dear Friends,

I am very sad right now. :cry: I just wanted to tell you about David. He was not a member of the forum but he was the most upbeat, awesome child. He realled loved my roommate and was aware of her cancer. He would alway come running in the store looking for Miss Cassie to share his latest news. He was more concerened with the pain of her chest wall removal surgery and was so concerned that her surgery had to be so much worse than his chemo. He was diagnosed with lukemia about 18 months ago and they could not find a donor for him. Recently he came running in all excited because he had been granted a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation. He was going to Disney World and was going to get to swim with the dolphins. He was thrilled to pieces and promised to bring back a lot of pictures. When he returned from his trip his condition had reached the point that chemo was no longer an option and hospice was called in. Sadly, I just found out he went to be with God this past Wednesday. He did not want a memorial service, because he didn't want anyone feeling sad. He wanted to be cremated and wanted his urn to be put out in his yard with his pets he had lost. He was 12 years old and wise beyond his years. He never felt sorry for himself and was determined to be upbeat and live his life to the fullest and in a way that would make God proud of him. He most certainly accomplished that goal. I guess I'm sharing this with you all so you can thank God for this little boy who touched so many people, always trying to make them feel better. I would also like to know what we can do to make people realize how important it is to be a bone marrow donor. I don't know for sure, but have been told bone marrow transplants are not near as painful as they used to be. However, there are still so many people that are too afraid I feel sure if they could have found a donor for little David he would have lived a few more years and possibly been cured. I am so very sorry to write such a depressing post, but I just felt the need to tell you about this very special boy. There is no doubt in my heart or mind that David is with God and feeling wonderful and hopefully playing with is pets that he so wanted to be with in heaven. Thank you for listening and please thank God for letting us have this very special young boy, however briefly, who only wanted to make other's feel better emotionally and spiritually. All my love and prayers to you all.
Regena

Return to In Memorium - ** Publicly Viewable **