My Story

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

My Story

Postby Tee12586 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello everyone, My Name is Theresa. I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011. I found a tumor (a year prior) behind my right ear that was causing sharp pains that would radiate throughout my scull. All the tests performed could only reveal a mass, but do to the discomfort the ENT had suggested surgery. I was definitely down considering the headaches and other pains this small pea like tumor . Within a month, I had surgery - Feb 10, 2011. 5 days later I attended my post op appointment and was given a clean bill of health and was told to come back on Feb. 28th to see if pain had decreased. Upon that follow up visit to ENT myself, my husband and MD's were surprised at the results from the pathology report. The MD looked at me and my husband and said the "C" word. I felt like I was in a tunnel. Everything echoed around me and all I could see is my husband crying. Cancer diagnoses. Mucoepidermiod carcinoma of the parotid gland. Within 5 days I was fitted for a radiation mask, mouth guard and met with the radiation oncologist. Everything happened so quick our heads were spinning. 5 months later Treatment was over. I understand that cancer of the parotid gland isn't rare, but the type of mucus/skin carcinoma cancer is. Anyone else?
Tee12586

Cancer Diagnosis: Parotid Cancer - DX mucoepidermoid carcinoma
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **