New Member here - 12/2014

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

New Member here - 12/2014

Postby ChristineG » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:15 pm

I've recently found this forum and happy to participate in it.

My name is Christine G. I am 62 years old and live in Phoenix, AZ, USA. In August, 2008, I was diagnosed with E.H.E. In my liver. I am interested to learn as much about this cancer as I can--presumably like everyone else in this forum.

I am, and always have been, asymptomatic and have never taken any medication nor had chemotherapy or radiation for my EHE. I have, however had two liver resections, first one 11/2008 and the second 12/2011. In the spring of 2012 I changed oncologists and was advised that I have 20 lesions in my lungs that are probably EHE and more worrisome than my liver lesions. The lung lesions have not been biopsied/nor EHE confirmed. I do not have any obvious breathing problems.

In March 2014 I had another scan which showed two additional lesions in my liver. A check six months later showed both liver lesions had increased in size, albeit both under 2cm in size. Lung lesions remain stable. Because of the liver and lung involvement, it is unlikely that I am a candidate for any further (traditional) liver surgeries.

I am in a "watchful waiting" mode. However, I have been advised to have a Plan B, which might include irreversible electropolation, which I am interested in hearing/learning more about and any forum members' experiences with this procedure.

Thank you!
ChristineG

Cancer Diagnosis: Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **