My father has RCC Sacramatoid

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

My father has RCC Sacramatoid

Postby peters96 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi All,

My dad was diagnosed with renal clear cell carcinoma with sacrmatoid on Dec. 18, 2012. He had his left kidney removed in late August and was told he was cancer free. I week and a half later he started having bloody stools. An endoscope showed a bleeding polyp in his small intestine. No problem, they said. We'll send you up to Mayo and have them remove it. While at Mayo, a routine CT scan showed that he has cancer in his kidney, kidney space, lung, bone, etc. It is not in his brain, yet. A biopsy was done and it showed that the cancer was sacramatoid. The doctors at Mayo told him that it is no longer considered in stages after it has been identified as sacramatoid. He has no pain and would feel fine except for this overwhelming feeling of fatigue. He is going to volunteer for a study at Mayo that we hope will slow the progression of this aggressive cancer. Hopefully, he will be chosen to receive a combination of Sunitab and another IV drug. I can't remember it or spell everything correctly b/c I don't have the paperwork in front of me! I love Jesus and know my father's eternity is in His hands, but it is still sad to go through this with my dad. I am a stay at home mom with four young children.
peters96

Cancer Diagnosis: Clear Cell Renal Sarcamatoid
Relationship To Patient: Father

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **