Kathy's Carcinoid Journey..update

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

Kathy's Carcinoid Journey..update

Postby wyhtak » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Fall 2011
I continue to receive LAR injections of Octreotide X 30 every 28 days and am doing fairly well. There has been little growth of the existing tumors and so I have made peace with my condition. In 2006 I met and married (2007) a wonderful man that accepts my condition and has been a terrific support when times get tough. There is life after cancer!!!! A fellow carcinoid patient, who passed away last year, inspired me with his statement, "Keep fighting the fight", which I intend to do. I hope you all do the same.

May 2015
I am still surviving and loving life. The tumor load in my liver is increasing which will result in some type of intervention yet to be determined. My husband and I just returned from Amsterdam where we spent a day exploring the beautiful tulip displays and enjoying the canals. I continue to receive treatment every 28 days but will be switching from octreotide to somatuline in hopes of slowing down the tumor growth. I am thankful to be a 13 year survivor.
Last edited by wyhtak on Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyhtak

Cancer Diagnosis: Atypical Carcinoid of the Lung
Relationship To Patient: Self

Re: Kathy's Carcinoid Journey..update

Postby sharon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Kathy's complete 10+ year story may be found here:
http://story.rare-cancer.org/carcinoid-syndrome.php
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **