Now I can share Bri's story

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

Now I can share Bri's story

Postby witchylass1965 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi there everyone.My name is Laurie and I lost my very best friend/partner to Malignant Para Aortic Paraganglioma 5 weeks ago after a year long struggle with this very very rare cancer.He eventually succumbed to Malignant Pleural Effusion due to metastatic lymphatic disease which caused build up of fluid in lungs due to poor lymphatic drainage.This was the most painful journey I have been on.I cared for Bri at home and helped him make decisions re treatment and diagnostic tests because I am a Staff Nurse in the NHS in Scotland and had a good grounding of cancer treatments but have increased that knowledge immensely since Bri was diagnosed,so if I can offer any advice or assistance to anyone,I will do my utmost to help because I know how awful it is to be struggling in the dark with a diagnosis of cancer.Bri was a lovely lovely guy and I live in hope that we will meet again some day tho I miss him like crazy just now.We developed such closeness and discussed EVERYTHING about his being ill,dying,our fears-everything and I feel honoured that I was able to support this man whom I adored at this most difficult time.
May Bri Rest in Peace
With love to all on this site

Laurie >>>----------
witchylass1965

Cancer Diagnosis: Metastatic Paraganglioma
Relationship To Patient: Live-in caregiver

Re: Now I can share Bri's story

Postby sharon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

I have added this story --> Here in the personal stories section of the website. Please reply here if you have any changes or additions.
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **