Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm on the Pancreas

Please read, and agree to, the Agreement Announcement prior to posting your personal story.

Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm on the Pancreas

Postby bbryan0215 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:47 am

It all started with a yearly physical. My blood work came back with elevated liver enzymes. My doctor then sent me for a CT scan, they found a solid mass in the tail of my pancreas. After futher scans, they sent me to a surgeon. The surgeon told me that he was almost 100 percent positive that this was not cancer, but it needed to be removed. I had a Distal Laproscopic Pancrectomy/Splenectomy they took my spleen, and half of my pancreas. The pathology report came back positive for a Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm, which is a low grade maligmant tumor. The pathology report also said that there was a posotive margin on the bottom of my pancreas, meaning my surgeon who gave me false hope from the beginning did not get all of it with surgery. They dont know how to treat this, I have one Oncology Dr. that just wants to watch it, a CT scan 6 months, he then sent me to a Radiology Oncologist, and he wants to go ahead with Radiation Therapy.
bbryan0215

Cancer Diagnosis: solid pseudopapillary neoplasm on the pancreas
Relationship To Patient: Self

Re: Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm on the Pancreas

Postby sharon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:39 pm

This has been updated to the main story website here:
--> Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasm on the Pancreas

If you have any changes or updates, please reply to this post and I will make them.

: thanks :
Take Care, Sharon - Administrator
This post should not be considered medical advice. Review all information with your doctor.
sharon
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cancer Diagnosis: adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast
Relationship To Patient: Self

Return to Submit Your Personal Story - ** Publicly Viewable **